Aside from family and friends, there’s an entire category of people to recognize and thank during the holiday season: those who help you throughout the year. Whether it be a service provider, a teacher or a coach, this is the time to recognize and thank them.
Who is on The Nice List?
The list can be long. Here’s what we came up with, although I’m sure many of you could add to it. We’ve also included what we generally give at Christmas, whether it be in cash, gift card or something of similar value:
- Newspaper Delivery ($25)
- Mail Carrier ($25)
- UPS Delivery (should Amazon have it’s own category??!!-$25)
- Waste Removal ($25 per person)
- Recycling Pick Up ($25 per person)
- Lawn Care ($100)
- Pest Control (critical in Florida…$50)
- Pool Maintenance (also popular in Florida…($50)
- House Cleaning (one cleaning)
- Pet Groomer (one grooming)
- Handyman ($50-$100 depending on how much you use them)
- Teachers ($25 each… they deserve so much more, but there are usually several and it gets pricey)
- Tutors (one session)
- Babysitters (average of one night/session of babysitting)
- Hair Stylist (average of one service)
- Nail Salon (one service)
Cold, Hard Cash
People generally love cash. They can use it however they want and they appreciate it. It adds up though, so if cash isn’t in the budget, you can do some kind of combination, give cash to some and gifts to others, or give a thoughtful gift to show your appreciation.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means the blog may make a small commission if you purchase something from the link.
Thoughtful Gift Ideas (Won’t Break the Bank)
- Baked goods (cookies, breads, coffee cake, jams, buckeyes (for our Ohio State fans), snack mix or any specialty you are known for)
- Popcorn Tin:
- Food items (nuts, cheeses, local specialty, olive oil, balsamic)
- Fresh wreath:
- Hand creams/bath items:
- Something that supports a cause (discount card, entertainment book)
- Alcohol (not rubbing… liquor, wine, etc.)
- Monogrammed item (makeup bag, Swell bottle, coffee mug or travel coffee mug)
- Something you know the recipient is into
What Really Matters…
Is that you let someone know they are appreciated and valued. You have the opportunity to thank them. Who doesn’t feel great when someone says, “thank you so much… I really appreciate you”…
Any other go-to ideas to share? Cheers!